Unions in Italy have launched a campaign against the Milan-Barcelona clash on Friday, after the European governing body’s ruling that players should be paid a collective wage has been criticised by several unions.Milan-Barça clash: The big takeaways from Sunday’s games and the ERC meeting article The Italian Football Union (FIGC) has said the decision is unfair, given the players’ contributions and that the money will not go to the players, but to their families.
In a statement on its website, the FIGC said that it has been working closely with the players union, the Milan Football Federation (MF), to resolve the dispute over a collective contract that will expire in 2019.
The statement also said that the union was willing to work with the FIGG and its president to resolve this issue, but there was a fundamental difference between the two parties.
The federation said it is disappointed with the decision by the FIGS in the light of the facts, but in order to respect the players and to ensure the integrity of the contractual relationship, the players are being offered a collective pay of €80,000, €70,000 in a lump sum and €40,000 to be paid in installments over three years.
However, this was not the sum to which the players will be entitled, the federation added.
The FIGC also said the players had offered a new collective contract which will expire next summer.
However the players have said that this deal was not acceptable, as it is not based on their contribution, and that they want the club to pay them the correct wage.
The players want the payment to be based on the amount of hours played, and the salary to be linked to their contribution to the club.
The collective pay will be made on the basis of a number of criteria, the statement said.
The agreement was reached by the players in a joint statement with the football federation last month, and was signed by all the players.
The announcement that the collective contract will expire at the end of 2019 has also sparked criticism in the unions.
In its statement, the FFPB said it was a very difficult situation for the players who have played for so many years and are now forced to pay more than €10 million.
The federation called on the FIGCs leadership to accept the agreement with the understanding that the payment will not be made.
The FFPC has said it will discuss the agreement in more detail with the unions on the next steps.
However it is unclear whether this will result in a compromise or an outright agreement, with the two sides unable to reach an agreement.
The ERC, the executive body of the European football union, is due to meet on Thursday to discuss the matter.